Monday, May 10, 2010

Doctor Appt #3, Second Dose of Cetrotide

OK so I wish someone could have informed me that the Cetrotide medication HURTS LIKE HECK when you inject it!!!!! I have two bruises on my abdomen to prove it and I cried like a baby last night after the second dose. Let me tell you the needle is about 4 or 5" long and almost 1/4" thicker than the needle they have so kindly provided us from the doctor's office for the Follistim and Menapur. I am SO glad that you only have to have 3 doses, 1 per night of the Cetrotide and thank the good man upstairs for giving me a WONDERFUL HUSBAND WHO IS QUICK AND FAST AT INJECTIONS!

I have numbed the area before each injection since Saturday and it really doesn't help that much with the pain of this injection. It is a brutal one for sure...

Anyhow, we had our third doctor's appt on Sunday, yes Mother's Day! Everything looks GREAT, everything is doing what it is supposed to do. We have another doctor's appt tomorrow and then it looks like the egg retrieval will be on Thursday, May 13th! The doctor can't really believe how fast my body is working on this; they said it usually doesn't move as quickly as this so you can imagine we are SO EXCITED!

I did break down and cry yesterday, I was a little emotional all day to say the least, the nurse told me as it gets closer to the egg retrieval I will become more and more emotional. I can hardly wait for that to happen and hopefully it will be something I can turn off when it gets faucet is started.

No comments:

Post a Comment