Friday, May 7, 2010

Doctor Appt #2

Today was our second doctor's appt and it went really amazing! We didn't see the actual doctor today it was the P.A. super nice girl and very easy going to carry conversation with because let me tell you in this type of a situation you want someone who can crack a joke or just be an ear to listen.

It is always so nice to go into the exam room and have to drop your drawers! I love that they give you a napkin to cover up with as you sit and wait for them to come in and do the checking it is usually my favorite part. Can you sense my sarcasm? Well today we got some really GREAT news, my body is responding VERY WELL to the medication and it is only day 5! I have 8 eggs that are size 12-13 cm and 5 that are 8-11 cm; the PA told us that there were so many eggs she was only going to try and measure the bigger ones! It is crazy, but explains the whole bloated look and feeling I am having going on. The PA was completely taken back that there were so many and how big they all were only in such a short period of time. At this rate the egg retrieval should be sometime early next week. We start a third medication tomorrow and unfortunately we can not mix the three together so that means I have to have 2 shots in the belly at a time. Oh boy, that will be so much fun. At least the third medication is only 3 days worth of taking it. This medication will send information to my brain to tell it NOT to ovulate on it's own so they can take them out themselves when they are ready. Isn't it just so fascinating how this whole process works, I think it is one of the most amazing things by far.

As we were leaving we ran into a girl in the elevator who told us she switched to this clinic from Fresno, (just imagine at least a 2 hour drive one way-far away) and has been doing IVF for 4 years; over 22 cycles and she finally today found out she was pregnant! Truly amazing acts of GOD right there, it was such a great start to our weekend. Our next appt is on Mother's Day, at 8:15 a.m. nothing like getting up early :) It will be a GREAT start to our week, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment