Monday, May 24, 2010

2WW

No one ever really tells you what you will go through and what part is the hardest part and what to expect, hence the blog! I must say this is by far the hardest part here, the WAIT.

When I was on bed rest for three days it was horrible, your mind plays tricks on you and you think negative thoughts and then you cry and then you call everyone in your phone book only to realize they are all working and then everyone wants to call you and text you to see how your doing and nothing has changed other than the fact you are baking your babies :)

Then when you finally can get up and move around and go about your "normal" life with slight accommodations people are so fragile to you and have to say things to mess up your good vibes or the fact that you have completely forgotten about it all together is a blessing until people want to ask you questions! So MISTAKE #1 - Sharing Iinformation, while this for us has been a blessing and such an amazing adventure don't tell TOO many people too much or they will bug you. Not that friends and family are those people but you know what I mean! MISTAKE #2 - Listening to Others, while this is fine and dandy our bodies are different! Just because you have a best friend's cousin who went through this process and is the same age as me and it didn't work for them DOESN'T MEAN it won't work for us! We have a child and gave birth to a healthy baby girl 4-1/2 years ago, we are not even in the SAME GROUP!!! Our problem is getting pregnant and as of now nothing more. MISTAKE #3 - Advice, now I appreciate me some good advice but if you have NEVER ever gone through this process LIPS MUST BE SEALED, PLEASE. This has been again a great experience we have been lucky enough to experience good positive things but don't tell me how to feel or what to think when you are not in the same position as me.

Now having said all of this, you must understand that NOT everyone is this way. In fact most of my friends and family are the complete opposite! They all have been very understanding and AWESOME with the whole process just a few people I have run into and this is all I could do to help those going through it. NOW MORE WAITING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha...I could have told you not to tell anyone about doing IVF! We always tried to keep it a secret if possible to avoid the constant, "so did it work?", etc. type questions! I figured I'd just answer your question here so you don't have to check back in my blog, but I did do tons of acupuncture (and hated every minute of it), but the cycle that worked, I actually was NOT doing any acu. I think it does help with certain issues, but not with ours. However, if it even makes you relax or feel better, just that it worth it! I personally hated it so it stressed me out more than made me feel better, but I know that some people love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl, you are in my thoughts a lot and we keep you in our prayers. It's gotta be frustrating having everyone give their "bits of advice" when all you really need is support. Hope you're having a great day and best of luck!!
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete